INVITATION TO BID CONTRACT NO.:81657 | 10/01/2020 | Ad id: 8-0000622614-01
INVITATION TO BID
CONTRACT NO.: 20.15.049
Dowd Junction Collection System
Improvements: West Vail Interceptor
(Engineer): HDR Engineering, Inc
(Owner): Eagle River Water and Sanitation District
Sealed bids will be received by Eagle River Water and Sanitation District, 846 Forest Road, Vail, CO 81657, until 3:00 pm local time Wednesday November 4, 2020. Bids received after this time will not be accepted and will be returned unopened.
At said place and time, and promptly thereafter, all bids that have been duly received will be opened publicly and read aloud. All interested parties are invited to attend. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive irregularities or informalities in any bid.
The work to be performed generally includes:
(1) Earthwork activities including furnishing and placement of borrow materials for construction of embankments and site grading.
(2) Dewatering in accordance with contract provisions.
(3) Construction of a new aerial crossing for the West Vail Interceptor Aerial Crossing including: foundations, abutments, pre-engineered steel bridge with utility walkway, handrail, piping, pipe supports, insulation, miscellaneous materials for a complete structure.
(4) Trenching, bedding, backfill and compaction for pipelines, manholes and miscellaneous operations.
(5) Installation of new underground sanitary wastewater sewer facilities, including pipe materials, imported bedding and embedment materials, manholes and incidental components.
(6) At Contractor's option, temporary bypass pumping operations to tie in new facilities to the existing system.
(7) Testing of all facilities in accordance with contract provisions.
(8) Demolition removal and disposal off site in an approved licensed facility:
a) Existing wastewater facilities including underground and above ground pipelines to the limits as indicated on the contract drawings or as otherwise established in the field to best facilitate construction operations.
b) Existing manholes including cast-in-place concrete, precast concrete, cast iron ring and covers and other ancillary components of the structures.
c) Aerial bridge facilities supporting the West Vail gravity crossings.
i) The existing structures consist of structural steel framework and pipe saddles on which the pipelines are supported and the reinforced concrete piers and abutments at each end of the crossings as well as the underlying below grade foundations.
d) Site vegetation including trees, shrubs and grasses.
(10) Site restoration.
Bids shall be submitted on a unit price basis. The award may be on the basis of the base bid.
Electronic copies of the Drawings, Specifications and other Contract Documents for use
in preparing Bids may be obtained from the Owner after October 1, 2020. Interested bidders shall send an email to Debbie Hoffman, Email Me. The email subject line shall read: Request for Electronic Bid Documents DJ Collection System Improvements, West Vail Interceptor Aerial Crossing Project. The email shall contain the following information: Name, Company & phone number. FTP site login information will be sent via email to the requester once adequate information has been provided.
Each Bidder shall file with his Bid a cashier's check, or a Bid Bond, in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
The Bidder to whom a Contract is awarded will be required to furnish a Performance, Payment and Warranty Bond guaranteeing faithful performance.
No Bids may be withdrawn within a period of sixty (60) days after the date Bids are opened.
A mandatory Prebid Conference will be held onsite at the north side of the Vail pedestrian bridge located on Highway 6 and crossing the Eagle River in the Town of Vail, on Wednesday October 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Bids will be considered only from Bidders who have attended the Prebid Conference. Bids from Bidders not indicated in the Engineer's records to have been in attendance at the Prebid Conference will be returned unopened.
Linn Brooks, General Manager
Published in the Eagle Valley Enterprise on October 1, 2020. 0000622614