INVITATION TO BID AVON DRINKING WATER81657 | 01/07/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000650771-01
INVITATION TO BID
AVON DRINKING WATER FACILITY CHEMICAL FEED UPGRADES
CONTRACT NO.: 21.20.001
(Owner): Upper Eagle Regional Water
Sealed bids will be received by Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority, 846 Forest Road, Vail, Colorado 81657, until 2:00 p.m. local time January 26, 2021. Bids received after this time will not be accepted and will be returned unopened.
At said place and time, and promptly thereafter, all bids that have been duly received will be opened publicly and read aloud. All interested parties are invited to attend. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive irregularities or informalities in any bid.
The work to be performed generally includes: Construction of the Eagle River Water and Sanitary District's (ERSWD) Avon Drinking Water Facility (ADWF) Chemical Feed and Storage Upgrades as follows:
1. Removal of existing aluminum chloride metering pumps, and chemical piping from tanks to existing metering pump discharge header.
2. New aluminum chloride metering pump system, suction header piping from storage tank valves to metering pumps, discharge piping connection from metering pumps to existing discharge piping, and new retractable chemical injection quill.
3. Removal of existing potassium permanganate storage tank, metering pumps, and all chemical piping.
4. New sodium permanganate IBC tote bulk transfer station. Station to include transfer pumps and associated piping to transfer from an IBC tote to bulk storage.
5. New Sodium permanganate bulk storage tank, metering pump system, chemical piping from the storage tank outlet to the two (2) chemical injection points, and new retractable chemical injection quills.
6. Removal of existing cationic polymer storage tank, containment tub, metering pumps, and all chemical piping.
7. New cationic polymer IBC tote transfer area, storage tank, metering pump system, all associated chemical piping, dilution water line with RPZ, manual control valve, magnetic flow meter, and retractable injection quill.
8. Removal of existing dilute sodium hypochlorite metering pumps, chemical piping and appurtenances from the 2-inch storage tank discharge line to existing discharge piping to each injection location, and chemical injection quill.
9. New dilute sodium chloride metering pump system, suction piping, discharge piping, and retractable chemical injection quill.
10. All associated electrical and control updates necessary to make system meet specified process requirements.
Bids shall be submitted on a lump sum basis.
Digital copies of the Drawings, Specifications and other Contract Documents for use in preparing Bids may be obtained by emailing Eagle River Water & Sanitation District (Email Me) after 1/05/20.
Each Bidder shall file with his Bid a cashier's check, or a Bid Bond, in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
The Bidder to whom a Contract is awarded will be required to furnish a Performance, Payment and Warranty Bond guaranteeing faithful performance.
No Bids may be withdrawn within a period of sixty (60) days after the date Bids are opened.
A mandatory Virtual Prebid Conference will be held at on January 12, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. All parties on the planholder list will be notified of Prebid Conference details and virtual location/log in requirements by email by the close of business on January 11, 2021. Prospective bidders must email Mark Mantua at Email Me for an invitation to the meeting.
Bids will be considered only from Bidders who have attended the Prebid Conference. Bids from Bidders not indicated in the Engineer's records to have been in attendance at the Prebid Conference will be returned unopened.
In addition, it is recommended that Bidders schedule a one hour site visit to tour the Avon DWF and work site. Bidders who have attended the Prebid Conference will be allowed to schedule a site visit on either January 14. Prospective bidders must email Mark Mantua at Email Me for an invitation for a site visit.
UPPER EAGLE REGIONAL WATER AUTHORITY:
By: Linn Brooks
Pubished in the Eagle Valley Enterprise on January 7 and 14, 2021. 0000650771